Friday, March 7, 2008

My new Toshiba laptop is freezing almost constantly. How do I get it to work properly?

My new Toshiba laptop is freezing almost constantly. How do I get it to work properly?
I just recently bought my Toshiba Satellite L645D with windows 7 home premium preinstalled. It did not come with any installation discs. The computer has been freezing very frequently and staying frozen for a good amount of time. It is a brand new computer and my old laptop runs smoother than it does. Is there any way to fix the problem?
Laptops & Notebooks - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes go to the Toshiba web site and download all the updated drivers and BIOS http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK You should burn your own recovery discs (2 DVDs) this is done using the Toshiba Disc Creator software that is installed on your machine. Make sure you have TEMPRO turned on as it will alert you to all and any new driver file that is designed for your system
2 :
Take it back where you bought it, and politely insist they either fix it or give you another. There is absolutely no excuse for a new computer to not work correctly.
3 :
maybe the corruption in registry causing it to freeze. run a registry repair scan through intel partner software reginout
4 :
There can be two issues: 1. Virus (Use AVG free) 2. Corrupt registry (Use Reginout ) I am sure it will help you.

Read more discussions: