Sunday, February 14, 2010

A new Toshiba Laptop?

Toshiba Laptop?
I have a new Toshiba Laptop, I have only had it for a couple of days now. A couple of times now it has gone black. It isnt shutting down totally but the screen goes blank but still is getting power, all the lights indicate it is still on. I think it might just be getting hot. Anyone heard of problems like this? This is my first Toshiba. I might just take it back to Best Buy.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have a Toshiba satellite laptop and have had problems with overheating and the same thing that happened to you happened to me. The hard drive is probably fried; the screen goes black because there is nothing to load; the laptop stays on because the RAM is still running.
2 :
have you checked the power options? Sounds like its hibernating. I am using xp so can't advise you on vista. have a look at the control panel.

Read more discussions: