Friday, May 1, 2009

What kind of wireless router would be compatible with a new Toshiba laptop?

What kind of wireless router would be compatible with a new Toshiba laptop?
I have Comcast DSL internet at home and my laptop has a WiFi card. I am just not sure which brand I should purchase. My Toshiba uses Window's Vista.
Laptops & Notebooks - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
brands dont matter. its the band it operfates on. (a,b,g,n). just buy a wireless router from walmart. any brand will do.
2 :
Any brand will work - Netgear is good choice for home wireless network. That's what I personally used for the last 3 years. D-Link is also ok. I would not recommend Linksys, though - if you have other options. For example: http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/WGR614.aspx
3 :
Any routers would work. I have linksys which seems to be OK
4 :
buy a netgear router (thats what we have )and look on cnet.com for a reviews.

Read more discussions: