Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How do I fix a problem with my Toshiba laptop which is not recognizing USB hardware?

How do I fix a problem with my Toshiba laptop which is not recognizing USB hardware?
I have a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5921 laptop that runs Vista and is less than a year old. It just started giving the following message..."USB Device not Recognized". One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned. As a result my mouse will not work. However. a thumb drive will work.
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You *can* send it back to Toshiba, as it is under the one year warranty, and this sounds like a hardware issue. You did pay for that warranty, after all. end of line
2 :
Update the driver file
3 :
If the only device that doesn't work in that usb port is you mouse check the battery in the mouse it could be that the mouse is malfunctioning.

Read more discussions: