Monday, March 7, 2011

What kind of RAM can I buy for my Toshiba laptop?

What kind of RAM can I buy for my Toshiba laptop?
I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. I'd like to buy another 2GBs of RAM for it. Do I have to purchase it from Toshiba? Is there generic laptop RAM that's less expensive? On the product specs, it says it has DDR2 SDRAM - 667 MHz. From Toshiba, this runs $89.99. Maybe all other brands would be comparable in price?
Laptops & Notebooks - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It runs pc-5300 667mHz SODIMM Yes you can get it alot cheaper. Try newegg or tiger direct. For about 107.00 you can get 4gb of kingston low latency RAM with 4-4-4-12 timings. So theres no way i would pay 89.99 for a single 2gb module unless it was made of gold and puppies... and even then i would demand 3-3-3-9 timings

Read more discussions: