Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Toshiba laptop hooked up to my flat screen AOC

How can I get sound on my tv when I hook it up to my toshiba laptop?
I already have my Toshiba laptop hooked up to my flat screen AOC. The picture is perfect but there is no sound coming out of my tv, only my laptop. Is there anyway I can get the sound to switch to my tv instead? Laptop: Toshiba Satellite A300 Series TV: AOC Envision Series HD
Laptops & Notebooks - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you can only hook up video not sound.. u gotta play audio thru ur laptop... unless u can some how hook up audio in to ur tv
2 :
The only video output that supports video and audio is an HDMI output, any other form will only have video. You would have to buy a cable that goes from your audio out (small green output) that goes into your white and red connection to your television. That should do the trick for you!
3 :
Your laptop only has a VGA output (The blue connector) unfortunately this is only video. You need to buy a 3.5mm jack to plug into the input of your TV to allow sound also. I would say better to hook it up to a HiFi for some nice quality sound for your movies!
4 :
Easiest way to do this is to buy computer speakers bcuz im guessing your laptop isnt loud enough. Another way is buy a adapter cord that goes from microphone jack to two RCA cords. (the red and white sound cables that go in the TV) http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2110497
5 :
Buy a 3.5mm to RCA adapter at just about any place; Walmart, Best Buy, Walgreens, RiteAid, you name it. It will have a headphone connector on one end, and the red and white RCA plugs on the other that you should be able to recognize. Plug the 3.5mm connector into your laptop's headphone jack and the other end into your TV. Ta-da!