Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Can I restore factory settings on my Toshiba laptop without backup discs?

Can I restore factory settings on my Toshiba laptop without backup discs?
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and I have lost the back up discs and I want to restore it to the original settings. Can this be done without the discs? I read somewhere that it may have a partitioned hard drive which may store this information. If this is the case any idea how to access it? Thanks
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you can try this, as it's booting up tap the F-11 key, if no soap try F-12 key. might be able to get a disk for price of shipping.
2 :
download the recovery cd, its an image file and you need to burn it to a dvd with an image burner, dont use a cd or you might get writting errors like i did, when done, it has an option to test it on your destop, do it....this disk will re-install your system as new.
3 :
You should have two partitions on the drive, c for the OS and d for the restore files


Read more discussions: