Saturday, April 28, 2012

I lost the part of my Toshiba laptop that holds memory cards, can i get a new one?

I lost the part of my Toshiba laptop that holds memory cards, can i get a new one?
On the left-hand side of my Toshiba Satellite laptop, there used to be a plstic tray that came out which would hold memory cards and read them. A few months ago I took out the piece and lost it. Now I have a memory card that I need to connect to my computer, but I have no way of doing so. Is there any way to find a replacement piece?
Laptops & Notebooks - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Do you mean the cover tray, it come out and then the memory card(s) just slide into the opening, the tray is just a dust protector and can be re installed or just left out. If this is not what you are after then the card reader will need to be replaced as an assembly call 1-877-688-7678 and ask for computer parts to order it from Fry's Electronics toll free or at http://www.frys.com If you are still unsure download the user guide and spec's by model number from http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp and read section on using the memory card reader(s). Just slide the memory card into the reader with the printing facing up and then open the memory card. To remove the memory card press in slightly and release it will pop out a little and them pull out rest of way.

Read more discussions: