Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Toshiba Satellite laptop is completely broken, would I be able to recover my data?

My Toshiba Satellite laptop is completely broken, would I be able to recover my data?
My dad had a tantrum and decide to break it. The screen is all cracked and what not, the top is cracked, and the disk drive is like hanging out of it. It's a mess and it's not fixable. So will I be able to remove the hard drive from it and recover my files? If so, would I have to put it in the same kind of Toshiba laptop or will I be able to put it in any computer and get my files?
Other - Computers - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :If the drive is "readable" still, then you can put it into another laptop, but it may not boot... A desktop can read it only if you get the proper adapter to match your desktop. laptops use "mini" versions of IDS and SATA connectors. I use a universal USB external drive adapter, which can connect to SATA, IDE and laptop drives, and I just plug it into my USB port and read the drive. These are commonly available on Ebay for about $10, maybe a bit more with the external power adapter.
2 :You should be able to recover the files as long as the hard drive is intact. If it is, you'll need to hook it up to another computer as an external hard drive through a USB adapter. You can either get a hard drive dock, or just an adapter and power adapter fairly inexpensive.
3 :hi Dear friend there is a way recover your data, as long as data info is still on your hard drive. Here what you can do!!! 1) buy a usb to ide/sata adapter i will give a link where to buy the item on amazon or mwave. mwave are located on walnut CA if u have anymore question let me know about the device email me @ ahernand24@rocketmail.com

Read more discussions: