Friday, November 28, 2008

My Toshiba laptop's screen is broken

My Toshiba laptop's screen is broken. How do I switch to an external monitor?
I foolishly cracked the screen on my Toshiba laptop but fortunately I could still see 1/4 of the screen. I was able to set up an external monitor and I switch over to use that monitor exclusively by using the right click menu on the Windows desktop. I just moved to a new house and disconnected the monitor from the laptop. When I turn on the laptop I find that the screen is now completely unreadable and it won't switch over to the monitor. Is there a keyboard shortcut I can use to switch over to the monitor? I tried Fn + F5 but it didn't work.
Laptops & Notebooks - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try fn + F4 That is how I do it on my HP If that doesn't work, go to the Toshiba web site and download the user manual for your laptop. You'll find that in the support section of the site. Good luck. Peace Jim.

Read more discussions: