Sunday, December 14, 2008

How do I connect my toshiba laptop to the tv?

How do I connect my toshiba laptop to the tv?
I just bought a 32 inch tv but the problem is that i watch most of my programmes via the nternet..How do i go about connecting my toshiba laptop (vista), up to my computer? Im a complete computer dummy so please explain it in simple terms! thank you!
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
there are special cables that connect laptops with TV's...i myself have one .. and i think that i doesn't matter what type of laptop u have :D ...there is a hole in the back of the compter :)) that looks like a hole that the TV has...and that is where you connect the cable :D...hope it helps :-*
2 :
Connect the notebook to your LCD or Plasma by HDMI cable if possible. If not use the standard 15-pin VGA cable connection which both the tv and notebook should definately have. Power on the TV first then the notebook. (So it can detect the external display). After it boots, make sure your tv is selected on the right input chanel (HDMI or VGA input). If you don't get any picture on the screen immediately try pressing Fn+F4 (The Function button on your laptop and the F4 key, which usually has a little square like a TV on it which refers to external display). If you are still having difficulty, you may need to play around with your display settings. Right click an empty space on the desktop, click personalise and click on display settings. Click Advanced Settings and look for multiple display options... Best of luck!
3 :
PCTVCables.com (with detailed instructions for dummies)

Read more discussions: