Thursday, October 28, 2010

Can I put a windows 7 upgrade disc for a Toshiba laptop on my HP laptop?

Can I put a windows 7 upgrade disc for a Toshiba laptop on my HP laptop?
My friend got a free upgrade disc when he bought his Toshiba laptop but did not use it. Could I upgrade my HP laptop with it? My laptop is currently running Vista.
Software - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sure, as long as he didn't activate it on the Toshiba.
2 :
yes, but the version must be the same. vista home --> 7 home... vista business--> 7 business... ect. Note, you can't upgrade vista basic. Finally, the bits must be the same so 32 bit upgrade to 32 bit os and 64 bit to 64 bit. Not too hard is it?
3 :
yes you can
4 :
it's possible but more then likely not going to work as it will need to read the toshiba bios to confirm that it's a legal unit to install it on there are 3 types of windows disks 1) OEM disks made for specific machines coded for each manufacturer, that's why almost any toshiba will work on the same series toshiba but not a HP /DELL /Sony etc 2)Retail / UPGRADE either full or upgrade will work on any pc regardless of who made it 3) VLK 1 disk multiple licence used mainly by corporations they buy 100 or 10,000 licences and only need 1 disk to load them from.

Read more discussions: