Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How can I make a Vista recovery disc for my Toshiba laptop?

How can I make a Vista recovery disc for my Toshiba laptop?
I just bought a Toshiba Qosmia X305-Q705 laptop yesterday and it doesn't include any OS installation CDs or anything. It seems you're supposed to be able to make a recovery CD/DVD through the computer itself through a recovery cd creator program in the start menu, but I do not see that program there on this computer. Is there anywhere else on my computer that would be? Having to call and pay Toshiba for the disc is a ripoff and a hassle...
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm I always use this program to make backups. The great thing about it is once you have installed everything that you want, you can make an image of your entire hard drive. So next time you want to format. No more installing frequently used programs. =D Oh and its free!
2 :
Toshiba has a program under the start menu that is called Toshiba Utilities and use the Recovery DVD program... which will literally need 3 DVD's to do. Problem is, if you didn't make it right when you got the laptop, some of the data may be corrupted to the point where it may not make the DVD ... yea, nice.

Read more discussions: