Saturday, August 7, 2010

How do I totally erase and install new software on an old Toshiba laptop?

How do I totally erase and install new software on an old Toshiba laptop?
I recently received an old Toshiba laptop. I would like to erase everything and install new software. I'm fixing this up for my 10 yr. old nephew. How do I go about cleaning it up (hard-drive) and installing the software I have accumulated here at home.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No problem. Use this..it is an awesome program that deletes every trace od an app, as opposed to window add/remove programs which leaves 80% behind. Its free, I use it, and handed it out to all family members, so I dont have to fix their PCs in the future! http://www.revouninstaller.com/
2 :
The best way to start with a complete new operating system and erase every thing at the same time is to do a system recovery using the factory recovery CD set. The CD set can be ordered from http://www.toshiba.com customer service by model and serial number. Another way is to buy a boxed new operating system. And yet another is to delete all word/excel files, pictures etc., remove all added programs from add/remove programs ( this one is slow and will not repair any system files or problems. Hope this helps

Read more discussions: