Saturday, August 14, 2010

How can i make my toshiba laptop start reading the disks i insert?

how can i make my toshiba laptop start reading the disks i insert?
my toshiba laptop wont read any of the disks i insert....it just says that the drive is empty...
Laptops & Notebooks - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
try updating the drivers for your disk drive.
2 :
This means that there is an error with your disk drive. You might want to get it checked out by a professional.
3 :
RESet the auto play setting in control panel to "ask me everytime"
4 :
Common problem with Toshiba laptops. They install a very shoddy CD/DVD drive with a Japanese sounding brand name. This brand name drive is notorious for failing. Just contact Toshiba support and they will replace the drive (probably with a Pioneer brand drive as they did with me). Your laptop will be away 2-3 days and then it will come back working perfectly
5 :
you probably have a problem with your disk drivers try reinstalling them with the recovery disk that you laptop came with
6 :
Well, I have one, and when I insert a disk it automatically plays it on media player or any other player. Or it would have a little window with all the choices like "Play on Media Play, Do nothing, download, and save in folder" Hope I helped PEACEĆ¢™¥

Read more discussions: