Thursday, September 1, 2011

Should I recharge my Toshiba window 7 laptop while in use?

Should I recharge my Toshiba window 7 laptop while in use?
I bought a Toshiba laptop window 7 home premum 64-bit, intelcore 2 duo processor. The laptop is 4 gb. But the maximum amount of battery power it can last is about 2 and a half hours because of its awesome graphics. Is it safe to recharge this really good laptop while in use? I was told by a worker not to charge it while in use because it will dry out the battery. What should I do?
Laptops & Notebooks - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes it is fine to plug it in while you use it.
2 :
i would let it charge by itself so u dont mess the battry up....ur welcome
3 :
Of course it is, the worker must have been out of his mind, most people I know with laptops have their laptops plugged into the wall 24/7, whether they are using it or not.
4 :
my friend does that a lot, it is ok to charge the battery while in use
5 :
Next time you get advice from a worker ... make sure it's one who know more about computers than this one Plug your laptop in and work to your hearts content ... you may find that there are some settings you can use to improve the battery life as well ... I have a Toshiba (and 2 other brands as well) and on full performance power I get approx 2 and a half to 3 hrs ... but with the settings configured for maximum battery life I get over 5 and a half hours
6 :
I've never heard that before. As a warning comes on,informing you to switch to main power when battery gets low,then it must be okay. I quite often let mine run way down,then connect to mains whilst i'm working. I'm no electrical engineer,but I can't see the difference as to when you connect,it still goes into battery

Read more discussions: