Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Any idea why my screen is black on Toshiba Laptop?

Any idea why my screen is black on Toshiba Laptop?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to diagnose the problem when the screen is completely black on my Toshiba Laptop. It was left on without shutting it down, and I can not get the screen to come back on. I have taken the battery out for a few min, still nothing, I have unplugged and let battery die and plugged back up and still nothing, and the lights along the bottom are coming on as if it should be on.
Laptops & Notebooks - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Did you turn the computer on?
2 :
possibly your backlight has gone out. this happend to me on my laptop, I had a hPzd8000
3 :
you could be missing your video drivers(adapter mabey) or your screen may have blown. connect it to a monitor and go into the device manager and see if you have any drivers missing good luck
4 :
Hmm perhaps try to brighten the screen using the contrast and brightness features. I'm not sure if this'll work though, you may want to call the company and ask. I hope you get it fixed :-).
5 :
did a magnet get near the screen ? the same thing happened to me family`s TV my brother put a magnet up to the screen and it was black so could that have happened ?
6 :
increase the brightness on your laptop?

Read more discussions: