Friday, May 14, 2010

Toshiba just as cool looking as an Hp or Dell?

What would you think if you saw someone with a Toshiba laptop?
Okay so I'm a new college student and like all new college students, it's time tin invest in a laptop. I'm using my left over financial aid which is roughly about $600. So I was planning on hopefully getting a nice hp with windows 7 because that's what our desktop is and I LOVE it. But now my dad this Toshiba kick which I'm really not all that thrilled about. So, is a Toshiba just as cool looking as an Hp or Dell? Which would you prefer?
Laptops & Notebooks - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Who cares?
2 :
Does anyone care as long as it does what you want it to?
3 :
I think computer must be valued by its performance. (hardware). But if you interested in design. Toshiba, Dell or HP have many designs. Just use witch one you like most ;)
4 :
A computer is a tool to do work. I would think that the specs of a computer and if it suits what you need it to do is far more important than how it looks which contributes nothing to its usefulness. It may well be that the "guts" of a Toshiba contains the same (or better) components as a Dell or HP (or even an Acer or other brand) at that price point. People who have no idea what a computer has inside or how it works are left to compare how it looks which is not important at all. You need to see what you get for your money(processor speed, RAM capacity, wireless support, hard disk capacity. All those components are not made by Toshiba, HP or Dell etc. Those companies just assemble and market them.
5 :
I just got a Samsung N-120 netbook as travel PC. So far I like it. Nice good sized keyboard as netbooks go. Using XP as that is what my desktop has. Netbook is very portable and supposedly has 8-9 hour battery life. (6 cell battery). Refurbished from Overstock- $260. Serves my purpose. Good hunting and success in college. (Ohio State - 1946.....yeah, OLD)
6 :
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/497949/MSI-A6200-206US-156-LED-Backlit/ This is the laptop I just bought and it look really cool and it work great. It is normally over $600, but if you buy it before the 14th you can get it for $500. Toshiba is a good brand, although admittedly they usually are ugly.

Read more discussions: