Saturday, January 1, 2011

The function key no longer works properly on my Toshiba laptop?

The function key no longer works properly on my Toshiba laptop?
I restoed my toshiba A215-S5837 laptop from factory disc. Now when I press the function key, the screen turns blue and I get a message saying that windows stopped a program from harming my computer. Why is my function key not working properly and what can I do to fix it. I had already spent hours updating and installing many programs back onto the laptop, so I do not want to restore it again.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi what you are seeing is microsoft messing about with software, i wonder if you restarted or closed down after each install of new software as i have found in the past that i had to do that. otherwise this sort of issue sometimes occurred in the past. try plugging in a extra keyboard to see if that keyboard is also disabled on the function key. this is protectionism in the extreme.
2 :
the only thing that springs to mind is to place your xp/vista installation disc in your D drive . it will come up with a couple of questions . ie . do you want to do a re-format / or REPAIR?... If you select Repair , then it will simply search for any missing or corrupted files and either re=install them , or try to repair them . Its a straight forward wizard , you cant go wrong with it UNLESSS you opt for REINSTALL .. (Which you dont want to do at mo) Good luck :)

Read more discussions: