Thursday, August 28, 2008

How do I repair or replace a broken toshiba laptop desktop LCD screen?

How do I repair or replace a broken toshiba laptop desktop LCD screen?
Some kid accidentally stepped on my toshiba laptop and the LCD screen broke. The laptop turns on properly but I can't see anything on the completely dark LCD screen. Please could somebody help and tell me how I can fix this problem? Thanks a lot for your anticipated answers.
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Call Toshiba customer service and see if you can send it out and have it repaired, but from what I've heard, you cannot replace an LCD screen on a laptop, therefore you might have to get a new one. Call Toshiba first and if there's nothing they can do, then you're gonna have to get that kid's parents to pay for your laptop and get a new one.
2 :
Check out this link... http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY---Replace-Broken-Laptop-LCD/
3 :
if its less than 3 years old it will be still under warrenty if your warrenty is on site warrenty OSW then they will come and fix or replace it :) all the best

 Read more discussions: